Sunday, October 4, 2009

6 days and counting.

Almost ready.



Almost ready.

Put the first aid kit together yesterday. I'm so used to solo trips that I long since got into the admittedly bad habit of carrying one. Sat up last night hand sewing elastic bands to use for tucking in all the dangling straps that hang off of everything these days. That fanny pack that I'm using as a side back, to hold a camera, rain gear, gloves, whatever has bunches of straps that want to get tangled in things, drag on the ground, whatever.

What am I talking about?



Tracey and I are headed out for gentle little ride starting this coming weekend, (Columbus Day weekend). Starting at Connelsville Pa, and riding to Harpers Ferry, WV along the Great Allegheny Passage rail trail and C&O Towpath trail.

You can follow the journey at Crazyguyonabike, here: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/2x6gapco

I'll probably be double-journal-ing (heh) this, as I have a propensity to ramble off into tangental and unrelated stuff that won't be appropriate on that site. So, my commentaries will probably end up here.


This should prove interesting.
I bought my clark jungle hammock over 10 years ago. It has served me and others well in that time. It was a great product. I was thinking how cool it would be if Clark would dream up a 2 person camping hammock. If anyone could do it, they could. Well, they did. So I bought one. I'm still a little light headed when I think about how much it cost. We'll have to do 100 nights in it for it to be worth it. But it sure looks nice. Much lighter construction than my original clark, but seems pretty good.

We'll see.

No comments: